2016 Michigan IT Symposium
More than 528 members of the Michigan IT community came together to create connections and celebrate the innovation occurring across U-M’s campuses. The third annual Michigan IT Symposium featured interactive sessions, hands-on-training, networking, and panel discussions about how the talents of the IT community enrich the U-M experience.
Materials from the Event
- Poster Session
60 posters were displayed at the symposium, incorporating the Michigan IT Strategic goals of Minimal Administrative Overhead, Easily Leveraged Information, Learning Health System, Learning Laboratory, and Unified Research Ecosystem.
- Formal Presentations
Community members shared their creations, insight, and discoveries in over 25 presentations including Hands On and Birds of Feather sessions that covered topics such as: Preparing for Student Tech Needs, MiChart to MiShare: Clinical Data for Research, Introduction to Docker and Diversity in IT. Presentation materials and video recordings will be available for some, but not all of the presentations.
- Alyssa Beck, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Joe Bauer, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Lisa Callihan, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Mark Giuffrida, College of Engineering
- Nancy Herlocher (Chair), College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Stefanie Horvath, Information & Technology Services
- Heather Kipp, Information & Technology Services
- Don Lambert, College of Engineering
- Michele Meissner, Health Information Technology & Services
- Brock Palen, Advanced Research Computing - Technology Services
- Chip Reese, Information & Technology Services
- Elizabeth Rohr, Information & Technology Services
- Steve Sarrica, Health Information Technology & Services
- Matt Walters (Incoming chair), Information & Technology Services
- Kim Wooton, Information & Technology Services
The IT Symposium was made possible due to the efforts of the 2016 Michigan IT Symposium Planning Committee and many volunteers:
- Set-up and wayfinding: Tom Amerman, Amy Armstrong, Kelly Auwers, Marc Brigolin, John Brussolo, Ken Caldwell, Charlene Eagle, Rita Girardi, Nancy Herlocher, Stefanie Horvath, Jenny Jalet, Heather Kipp, Amulya Kodari, Alyssa Longo, Jeanne Mackey, Steve Mattson, Jen Mruk, Elizabeth Rohr, Jessica Rohr, Josh Simon, Barbara Stanny, Yuri Vertkin, Matt Walters, Julie Weatherbee
- Room hosts: Tom Amerman, Elizabeth Balten, John Brussolo, Lisa Campbell, Dan Eklund, Dana Fair, Patty Giorgio, Vikki Jablonski, John Johnston, Stephen McClatchey, Colleen McCormick, Judy Smutek, Danny Zaidi
- Graphic design: Rachael Wojciechowski
- Video and photography: Mike Stork, Adam Roehm, Joel Iverson, Christopher Gardner
- Social Media: Ken Caldwell
See Materials from Past Events
Have a Question?
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the Symposium.
- Customer Relations
- Michigan IT